Christmas Escape Room Review


The days leading up to Christmas/Winter break can be pure chaos!

I feel like I have been fully initiated into teacherhood now that I have experienced the week before break! On top of it being the last week before break, we were also preparing for our Advent Program, which is where each grade performs a few songs centered around Advent/Christmas/holidays. I'm not talking just your typical music class time slot. I'm talking more along the lines of 2 1/2 HOURS two days in a row with the previous two days taken away by snow days.

Schedules were always changing and structure was weakening, which for my class in particular can be detrimental. My class is definitely one who thrives off structure, because the minute structure is taken down they go bonkers. I love them but boy do they get carried away!

One of the activities that I used on the last day of school before break was this Christmas Escape Room by Sarah Miller Tech



Product Overview:

Price: $4.00
Grade Levels: 4th, 5th, 6th 
Prep Time: I definitely rushed because I printed this the morning of, but it did not take long at all. I would say about 15 minutes. 
My Rating: ♡♡♡♡

Rating Explanation: I gave this product four stars because I would have liked to have given my class a scenario. I ended up making one up on the spot, and that worked just fine. A big part that either makes or breaks an escape room is the storyline that sets up the experience. Other than that, the activities were easy to prep and to understand. My fourth graders were able to independently work with their groups to decipher the codes. They were engaged for the whole hour they were rotating through the different stations. 

Let me know in the comments: Have you ever used an escape room activity in your classroom? How do you prep them? 


No comments